Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Love vs Infatuation


I had asked some of my friends and classmates to distinguish the difference between love and infatuation... Most of them would say that love is for a lifetime while infatuation last only for a short period of time... others say that love is something intimate. on the other hand, infatuation is just admiring towards opposite sex because he had something that could turn them on.

Probably, love and infatuation have something in common. It could be the strong feeling of affection towards opposite sex who made them creates an imagination that they could be together as couple or make their heartbeat faster.

Here are some questions to test if you really feel love or infatuation... These questions were made through my own perception but it could help in analyzing the difference of the two.

Answer only true or false then check how you scored yourself in defining true love.
  1. Love at first sight exist.
  2. Premarital sex is acceptable during boyfriend-girlfriend relationship.
  3. You will know when true love hit.
  4. There is no way for a couple to fight when they love each other too much.
  5. It it easy for you to tell the difference between love and infatuation.
  6. It is just okay for a person to be in love with several persons at the same time.
  7. When you're in love, your focus in other activities declined.
  8. When you really love someone, you know he is the right one.
  9. When two persons were really in love, they will marry too soon.
  10. Young persons have been in love before they become mature enough.
  11. Love is something complicated.
  12. When you love the person, you will really look at him at the positive side of his life.
  13. You don't care with the people around you as long as you love each other.
  14. Absence make the heart Grow fonder.
  15. Frequent quarrels, and misunderstanding will not be possible if you really in love.
  16. It is better to marry the wrong person than to be single.
  17. When you really love each other, you will overcome all the obstacles that hinder your relationship.
  18. When your in love, you're often caught daydreaming.
  19. When you are really in love, you will make out what best in you.
  20. You believe in fate.







Answer:


All statement are false except number 10 and 19.
20-17 - you really had a better understanding about love.
15-16 - you did well.
14 and below - you need help in understanding what love means.


This song is dedicated to all who feel confused between love and infatuation for someone.

Crush - David Archuleta


I hung up the phone tonight
Something happened for the first time deep inside
It was a rush, what a rush

'Cause the possibility
That you would ever feel the same way about me
It's just too much, just too much

Why do I keep running from the truth?
All I ever think about is you
You got me hypnotized, so mesmerized
And I've just got to know

Do you ever think when you're all alone
All that we can be, where this thing can go?
Am I crazy or falling in love?
Is it real or just another crush?

Do you catch a breath when I look at you?
Are you holding back like the way I do?
'Cause I'm trying and trying to walk away
But I know this crush ain't goin' away-ay-ay-ay-ayy
Goin' away-ay-ay-ay-ayy

Has it ever crossed your mind
When we're hanging, spending time girl, are we just friends?
Is there more, is there more?

See it's a chance we've gotta take
'Cause I believe that we can make this into something that will last
Last forever, forever

Do you ever think when you're all alone
All that we can be, where this thing can go?
Am I crazy or falling in love?
Is it real or just another crush?

Do you catch a breath when I look at you?
Are you holding back like the way I do?
'Cause I'm trying and trying to walk away
But I know this crush ain't goin' away-ay-ay-ay-ayy
Goin' away-ay-ay-ay-ayy

Why do I keep running from the truth?
All I ever think about is you
You got me hypnotized, so mesmerized
And I've just got to know

Do you ever think when you're all alone
All that we can be, where this thing can go?
Am I crazy or falling in love?
Is it real or just another crush?

Do you catch a breath when I look at you?
Are you holding back like the way I do?
'Cause I'm trying and trying to walk away
But I know this crush ain't goin' away-ay-ay-ay-ayy
This crush ain't goin' away-ay-ay-ay-ayy
(Goin' away)
(Goin' away-ay-ay-ay-ayy)
Do you ever think
When you're all alone
All that we can be
Where this thing can go
(Goin' away-ay-ay-ay-ayy)
Do you catch a breath
When I look at you
Are you holding back
Like the way I do
(Goin' away-ay-ay-ay-ayy)
Do you ever think
When you're all alone
All that we can be
Where this thing can go

No comments:

Post a Comment